14 December 2012

So this is how they do it...

This is Cory. The husband of Hayley. I have never done this before, and it looks like I am just typing into a word document. I'm guessing that once I'm done writing, I will just click the fancy orange publish button, and it will magically look all frilly and such. I always thought it took great talent to make a blog post look cool....

Anyways!, I have realized that Hayley has not written anything for over a month, and a lot has happened. In fact, the little posts she has made have been about strange or interesting things, and not really about normal life. So since I know all of you who read this (I have no idea if anyone reads this...I do once in a while if I remember) are very interested in every detail of our life, I will try to give an update on some of the fun things that have happened to us over the past 6 months. Come along for a wonderful journey of the stories of life by Cory. That kind of rhymes.

I think the best way to approach this is to just go through the pictures, and describe what happened over the last little bit. Hayley's camera has a strange black dot on the lens, so until we get a new one, we have been, and will continue to use my phone camera. It's not too bad.

We'll start with the trip to Colorado. We left during the afternoon of someday in August, and drove down to SLC. We stayed the night in a hotel by the SLC airport, and then in the morning, we headed over to the airport to catch our flight to Denver! Everything was going wonderfully. We made it through security in plenty of time to get to our gate. In fact, we had enough time to peruse some little stores and food places, in a very relaxing fashion. After we were done wandering, we decided we should head back over to the gate, and get ready to board the plane. We were sitting in the terminal, and a lady came over the speaker announcing that our flight was just about to board. She mentioned that every once in a while, they will check IDs to make sure that they match the boarding pass. No problem right? WRONG. I started to gather up our things and looked at Hayley, who was sitting right beside me. She looked like there was a colony of ants climbing up her pants. She looked frantic, and was searching for something. In my calm way, I simply said, "What are you doing?" She replied, " I can't find my Driver's License." Wonderful. Just great. A million things started to run through my mind such as missing the flight, just going home, getting arrested for not having an ID (realistic, I know), and a variety of others.

I made the grave mistake of asking Hayley how in the world could she have lost her driver's license from security to the gate, and this was the face I received:

 
This may not actually be a photo from the airport, but this is the face that helps me understand my boundaries. Anyways, we went and talked to the people, and they said we shouldn't have any trouble getting on board. They were mostly concerned for us returning home, since she would need it to get through security coming back. Yes, we made it on board safely, with no issues. Great start to a vacation...
 
In reality, the vacation went very smoothly. We enjoyed going to places such as the Denver Aquarium, Water World, and our favorite, Elitch Gardens, and cool theme park. Here are a few pictures from the trip:
 
 
 
Here we are at the Denver Temple
 
This was a cool Roller Coaster

 
 
 There are people's legs
 
 
 The Old Spaghetti Factory where we had dinner
 
 
This is Hayley. Hi Hayley.

 
 
Shark, this was our seat at the aquarium restaurant.





Merperson


 
Hayley was able to see her friend Amber!

 
 
After the trip was over, we headed on home, and were able to get back home without Hayley's ID. All she had to do was the Hokey Pokey in the airport, and they let her through. Actually, she had some other forms of ID that helped them know she really was Hayley.
 
Well, that is all that I have time for, and I will let Hayley inform you of some of the other events happening in our lives right now. There will only be two of us for a little longer......Stay Tuned for the update by Hayley!


1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed that you figured out how to blog. Way to go! And I'm also glad that you have learned what "the look" from Hayley means. Paul figured that one out pretty quick too.

    ReplyDelete