So this past Sunday my parents came to Logan, picked me up and we headed to Salt Lake to go see the lights at temple square!
It was so wonderful except for the fog! Goshdangdarn that fog, it made it hard to take good pictures.
So let's back up a little bit. We stopped at Jill's and she made us some cozy tortilla soup and it was so good. She also had this cheese ball sitting on her counter and that was good. I should know I devoured the whole thing while eating tortillas fried in olive oil :)
Preston and Jenny came to Jill's and we headed to the lights together. I don't know if I have talked about Jenny before, but she is Preston's significant other and she is the GREATEST. I was always worried about who Preston would date after his mission since he dated interesting girls in high school. But she is so kind, cute, and nice to Preston! Well.. actually they are just so nice to each other! It's cute.
Anyways, I was thinking it wouldn't be crowded but there were a lot of people there!! Because the Christmas Devotional had just gotten out, we may have forgotten about it. Thank goodness for lds.org
Side note: I have always thought going to the lights on a date with a special someone would be the BEST EVER. It's one of my silly dreams. I hope it happens someday!! How revealing ;).
Here are some pictures from our little trip
DAVID!! So sad I didn't know about this.
Cuties!
Ginger!!
Hand placement
I have recently discovered that I kind of have a big nose. Hmph.Ohhh well!!
(Tis the season)
Sorry I don't have more pictures of the actual lights. I took some but the fog made them look really bad.
That night we drove back to Logan and Emily stayed with me, she even went to class with me the next day! Then we went and got bagels. It was fun!
OH YEAH.
So after class my parents told us to meet them at the Bluebird for lunch. We hurry and get there and my mom says, "Hayley come sit right here." So I did.
I start looking at the menu, but I get distracted people watching so I look up and sitting across from me at the next table is this older man. I look at him for a sec then back at the menu. I looked again because that's just how I am, then my eyes get really wide. I say, "Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh." And my parents start laughing really hard, and I keep saying, "Oh my gosh!!" Because sitting about ten feet across from me was this man:
JEFFREY R. HOLLAND
Whatintheworld. I listened to him talk, order dessert.. it was crazy!! But so awesome. I love those apostles!
I feel like everyone has cool stories about running into general authorities, AND NOW I HAVE MY OWN!!
Now it's time to study for finals, but I have done so many things this week, none of which has been studying. I am wonderful. Now I need to wash my hair. I won't even tell you how long it's been since that's happened :)
Please comment! Comments = love. Even if you just say, "Hayley I read this" that's all I need.
*****MOM***** and other people without blogs, click on comments then Name/URL and you should be able to comment. Love you!

bahahahahahaha glad to know i'm not the only one who goes a million years without washing their hair... wait-what?
ReplyDeletealso- good old jeff is my FAVE apostle! (if thats legal to say). i absolutely adore him.
so jealous!
also. you are the cutest. cute cute cutest.
Yes I indeed read this, and your other, blog posts. They are quite uplifting and reassure me that my life being average is quite good.
ReplyDeleteAs for the lights, I would think that the fog would make it seem even more surreal. That picture you put up of the temple in the fog is fantastic.
Good luck with finals, friend.
I always read your blog. It's a highlight in my life. Also I was at the Christmas devotional.. I wish I would have run into you... Also I was riveted by the story about seeing Jeffrey Holland. I read it like I read the hunger games, so fast to see what happens in the end but forgot to pay attention to the details... So I had to re read.
ReplyDeleteYoure the greatest.
I love your blog :)
ReplyDeleteHayley! I adore you! I love to read your blog. I secretly sometimes steal what you say because I think you are SO funny. I love you.
ReplyDelete