I don't know why but tonight I am feeling like I need to blog about something that is really important to me. My beliefs. I am usually pretty quiet on social media about my standards and views on things but I have been feeling more and more the need to express myself. Mostly I am so terribly afraid of offending ANYONE. But I realize that I am old enough and I am at a place where I think it should be known how I feel. This has been so hard for me as I have slowly been seeing friendships fade that I treasured for years simply because our opinions on things and our lifestyles are different. A lot of this is my fault. I know some of my friends from high school probably think I turned into a boring stepford wife that pops out babies and has no real ambition, but that just isn't true! I have just as much conviction and passion as the next person! Maybe I don't flaunt it and start discussions about things but I do think for myself and I'm not oppressed.
Anyway, I love the Mormon church. I love it's teachings, I love the leaders, I enjoy my church calling, I enjoy being a woman in the church. All that stuff about Jospeh Smith? I completely believe it! I also know Jesus Christ died for me, for you, and everyone that doesn't acknowledge him. I love being married to my sweet husband and I love our daughter. I honestly cannot imagine doing anything else more fulfilling than being her mother. The first time I held Adalyn was honestly one of the most important moments of my life. I love how focused on families the church is and I know it has brought my family closer together and we are happier because of it! I'm not saying people who aren't mormon aren't happy because that would be ridiculous. But in my family specifically I know it has brought us closer together. Maybe country music brings your family closer together and that's great.
I have been seeing a lot of things about how Mormons are bigots and anyone that doesn't want what the world wants is unfeeling and hateful. And YES there are a lot of people out there are like that. But not everyone is. I'm not hateful. Some of the things I have seen on social media have hurt my feelings and so I thought I should just write a rambling blog since Cory has heard all of this before and really this post doesn't have a point. I just don't want anyone to feel sorry for me because they think I am brainwashed or oppressed because I am a woman that stays home with my child because you know what? That's offensive to me. Okay I think that's all for now. Congrats if you made it through this post. I'm sure I will cringe later about writing it ha ha.
You should be proud to have written it, Hayley! I went to a college where I dealt with this all of the time and it was really frustrating for me because I couldn't always put how I felt into words. I really think it's possible for everyone to believe differently and just respect each other about it, but yet there is so much hate going around. I often think about how I wish I would have hung out with you more in high school because not only were you so much fun, but you had such good standards and I know I would have made better decisions if I had spent more time with awesome people like you. I look forward to hopefully seeing you again and catching up! Thanks for posting.
ReplyDeleteYeah Hayley! You should post more often! I know I always say that to you though ha ha. Anyways, I think there needs to be more people posting positive good things like this. We just don't because we're not focused on putting others down I think? Anyways, this was great and I loved reading your testimony. Cory is SOO lucky to have you and I'm so glad you're in my family!!!
ReplyDeleteDitto to what Tonya said. Posts like this need to be written and shared! Thanks for doing that.
ReplyDelete