The other day she wanted to go outside to play, so I let her out and I went to shower and get ready for the day. When I came down stairs with my soaking wet hair and robe on, she was gone. Our gate had blown open and of course she ran away! I began to panic.
I hurried and threw on some leggings, and old jamba shirt that is WAY too tight for me, and I couldn't find a hat to throw on, except for a jamba hat. So here I am with red shoes, brown leggings, purple jamba shirt, and a brown jamba hat, in my purple truck trying to find my one eyed dog. And I didn't have ANY make up on, which is a really scary sight!! (seriously) And I was on the phone with Cory, pretty much sobbing as I thought of poor Tutu getting hit by a car or something!
At this point she had been gone for half an hour and I didn't even know where to start looking. I started going around our neighborhood loop and asking anyone I saw if they had seen her. I stopped and talked to an older man and he said he picks up 1 or 2 lost dogs a month and would keep an eye out for her. Then I passed these 2 ladies walking their dogs and asked them if they had seen her, and I pretty much broke down. I think I said something to them like, "Have you seen a little shih-tzu running around? Her hair is sandy? Our gate was open and I didn't know.. and I can't run around because I am 9 months pregnant.. (the tears started) and I am really emotional, sorry!!"
Luckily, the ladies were really nice and one of them jumped in her nice Escalade to help me look. I decided the truck was too tall and I just couldn't look well enough being in it. So I drove back to the house to get on a bike to look at around.
Do not ride a bike when you're 38 weeks pregnant. NO ONE wants to see that. Plus I didn't even check the brakes and they didn't work very well. Anyways my baby is so low that riding the bike pretty much killed me. So I went back home and started walking around, speed walking, which is also hard when you're 38 weeks pregnant, it felt like I was having like a 20 minute long contraction! I slowed down as I got back to the house and then I saw the lady in the black escalade! Right then my phone started ringing and it was Cory, telling me that the nice lady had found Tutu!! So I walk up to her car and see Tutu's one eye poking up. She had been gone for almost an hour and a half!
Tutu acted like nothing was wrong, except she really wanted some water. The lady, Carol was so nice and looked around the neighborhood and even went to the top of the hill in the park looking for her! And she told me not to ride my bike because I could fall off. I am so grateful for Carol and her kindness!!
Then today, one of our fence posts fell down and Tutu immediately started trying to squeeze through to escape. Does she hate us?
This might sound stupid that I was so worried about a dog, because she is "just a dog" but I am responsible for her! I am supposed to make sure she is safe and unharmed! That's what go to me, is that I am supposed to look out for her, and I had no idea where she was. And if she got squished by a car I would just feel so guilty. Anyways that is my story.
Oh man, Haley! I can so picture this! I'm laughing, but I'm also crying because it was so traumatic for you! You poor girl! I think you need to have a firm discussion with Tutu on the pros and cons of running away. Good luck with the baby coming soon - she is a lucky little girl!
ReplyDeleteIs it bad that I mostly laughed reading this? Glad she was found, and seriously, what were you thinking trying to ride a bike at 38 weeks!
ReplyDeleteOh my heck I was laughing so hard when I read this!!! Not about her missing but your frantic everything! I am sure I would be totally crazy if Lucy was missing! And...yeah no more bike riding, lady!
ReplyDeleteOh my heavens! You poor thing! I guess there's nothing like a lost puppy to make you get your exercise in! I just hope you were able to walk the next day! I remember over doing it and not being able to walk for days when I was pregnant!
ReplyDelete