07 December 2010

So maybe this is confession time..

This Friday I am getting my haircut!!!!!!!!!!!

Getting my hair cut is probably in my top 10 favorite things to do. Which is surprising since my hair has been the same since eighth grade.

(8th grade, maybe 9th- note the hair, and Preston's face in the background)

(14th grade.. hair- oh, dont worry, still the same)


But this time will be different. I am going to do something kind of drastic. Why not? I am starting to make changes (for the better) in my life and I need new hair to help me along. Haha.

Anyways about these changes I want to make. I'm not changing who I am, I'm not trying to change my personality. I just want to be better, more efficient in everything I do. 

I want to be
-More kind
-More independent
-More dependable/reliable
-More ladylike
-A person that has lots of hobbies (hobbys?)
-A person that doesn't complain (unless it's about how cold I am, I feel like I can do that excessivley)
-Happier; under any circumstance
-More organized,  less of a slob
-Better at priortizing my life
-Better at managing my money
-Better at studying and doing homework
-Better at reading my scriptures and studying Preach My Gospel (this is at the top)
-Someone that does my own thing and doesn't give a thought to what other's think
-MY OWN PERSON-

I want to figure out who Hayley really is. I am almost 20 I need to do this before I get too old! I want to figure out what I like doing, maybe start having an opinion, I want to try different things,  and see what I enjoy. In other words, I need to leave my comfort zone.

I've always thought of myself as being an extrovert, getting my energy from big groups. But I recently discovered that I'm really not. I most definitely have introvert personality traits. Shocking?? I'm not quiet, or shy and I love talking to people and making new friends, I'd just rather do those things at a small social gathering. Being an introvert doesn't mean you are an anti-social loser. It look me a long time to realize that! Just because the thought of reading a book, or taking a relaxing bath gets me more jazzed than taking time to get ready  to go out and party does not mean I am weird!

Realizing that about myself has given me so much confidence! I am not a defected person! And it's okay if I don't like going to parties every weekend! I still love social gatherings, I still LOVE having fun (I live for it!), but doing/having those things all the time isn't necessary to my well-being and sometimes I just need Hayley-time. Lately I have been feeling THIS. But I am learning to accept myself, and realize that it's okay.
I'm okay.

Another thing. I sometimes want to seem like one of those people that doesn't waste time stalking facebook or blogging. But guess what? I do. I love looking at people's pictures, and reading their blogs. Mind you I restrict my time doing that, but I do keep up on people's lives. And I like it when people keep up on mine.

Just had to write these things down before they left my brain. I want to blog later about going to temple square and seeing the pretty lights. Later though, for now I need to do things like study for finals :)


Visit again soon!



4 comments:

  1. Hayley Jo Reese, we are much more alike than I thought we were...if that's possible :) Seriously I felt as if I were writing this blog myself! I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is weird...not you...but the fact that lately Ive kinda been feeling the same way. I wanna really really figure out who I am and stuff. Must be a college thing? Idk, good luck:]

    ReplyDelete
  3. People totally think I'm an extrovert too, but I'm really not. I have more introvert qualities than I do extrovert. And I agree, I love talking to new people, but I would rather just have one on one time with a few people than go to a party. And I'd rather stay home and write and watch a movie by myself than go out. Often. :) It's not a weird thing.
    And neither is cutting your hair when you're making life changes. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Celeste I love your hair!! And Chels I know how ya feel.. but you are awesome dont' forget that!

    ReplyDelete