I got one of the best surprises of my LIFE last week, seriously. I found out Jake Stewart was coming home for an entire week!!
Too bad I didn't know soon enough to get work off! I was still able to come home for a couple days and see him, and it was blissful, what a great kid.
So I worked until 1 on Wednesday and went home and hung around with my family for a few hours, then I went over to Jakes, and watched the last bit of the American Idol finale ( congrats Lee), speaking of AI I did not even watch it this season. It just wasnt as cool as it usually is.
(happy because David Archuleta was on AI, what a cutie!)
I left Jake's and drove up to Rexburg to have a sleepover with JOY! She is such a joy in my life, I do not know what I'd do without that ray of sunshine. I watched her play flag football and she dominated the entire world! They won 16-9? Or something like that. Anyway it was fun to watch even though it started raining.
(Dan: the coach, Joy: player, Me: biggest fan)
(Pro)
The next day I went to Joy's classes with her, just to see what things were like up at BYU-I. Overall it was really fun! I like the campus, except that it is on a hill, that made me sweat.
It would catch me way offguard when we would be talking about depression in her women's health class and the professor started talking about Heavenly Father. At first I was like, "WHOA WHAT!?" But then I got used to it until her Child development class. The professor walks in and says, "Alright what is our opening song?" Haha it caught me SO off guard. But I do think it is really cool.
It would catch me way offguard when we would be talking about depression in her women's health class and the professor started talking about Heavenly Father. At first I was like, "WHOA WHAT!?" But then I got used to it until her Child development class. The professor walks in and says, "Alright what is our opening song?" Haha it caught me SO off guard. But I do think it is really cool.
(Oh just super excited to go to class)
I've heard that there aren't any cute boys up in Rexburg. Ladies, open your eyes because I saw quite a few!
After Joy's classes were over I went back to Idaho Falls and took a nap for like, ten minutes. Then Brock, Jake, and Court came over and we made posters for some of our friends graduating that night. I can't even believe how long it took to make posters. Sheesh. I even colored with a crayon because my marker ran out of ink. I haven't done that for a while, it was pretty exciting.
(Made my Court)
Graduation was long and boring, and super super hot. But it was fun to see most of my friends! Bracken was a valedictorian so he spoke at graduation and he was really funny! At one point in his speech he said something like, "Some of my favorite memories from High School include Emily Austin pushing me up against the locker and kissing me.. oh wait that was a dream." He said that at GRADUATION in from of so many people! Hahaha it was so funny.
After graduation everyone came to my house and we had a blast! We played "What if" like we do every time we are together, we made funfetti cookies, the usual. It was so fun to catch up with everyone and see people I haven't seen in FOREVER!
(What a cutie)
(I worked at jamba with Parker and Chelsie; and Danielle the girl next to me is in my home ward! Love them!)
(This picture brings so much joy to my soul, two of my best friends!)
(Alli and I. Oprah hugging. I miss her everyday)
(Kimberlee, I miss her crazy stories!)
Some of you may have seen my facebook status and I wanted to expound a bit. The other day my mother said, "You known if we lived in the pioneer days Jill would be crippled, Logan would be blind, Preston would be dead, Hayley would be ugly, and Emily would be the only normal one." They used it as the inspiration thought in RS. HAHA. It is so true though. Jill was born with a clubbed foot, Logan's eyes never fully developed or something like that, Preston has a titanium heart valve and a pacemaker, I used to have the most fangled teeth ever. And Emily is just normal. Wow I am super grateful I was born in this day and age!
(So thanks to things like surgery, artifical hear valves, contacts, mascara and braces, we are all halfway normal!)
(So thanks to things like surgery, artifical hear valves, contacts, mascara and braces, we are all halfway normal!)
One last thought.
I called my mom yesterday because I had a question about chicken. So I asked, "Hey mom when I broil chicken do I have to turn it over?" A legitimate question, for I had never broiled chicken. Then she just starts laughing and says, "That is the dumbest question anyone has ever asked me." and I said, "No I really don't know, don't laugh at me." So then she says, "When you boil chicken you just put it in the water and let it boil." Then I started laughing way hard because I said 'broil' not 'boil' so then we both laughed for longer than necessary. Hahaha wow that is probably the dumbest story ever but it's okay I know you enjoyed it. Oh, and I broiled my chicken and you do turn it over. It was so good!
I called my mom yesterday because I had a question about chicken. So I asked, "Hey mom when I broil chicken do I have to turn it over?" A legitimate question, for I had never broiled chicken. Then she just starts laughing and says, "That is the dumbest question anyone has ever asked me." and I said, "No I really don't know, don't laugh at me." So then she says, "When you boil chicken you just put it in the water and let it boil." Then I started laughing way hard because I said 'broil' not 'boil' so then we both laughed for longer than necessary. Hahaha wow that is probably the dumbest story ever but it's okay I know you enjoyed it. Oh, and I broiled my chicken and you do turn it over. It was so good!
Other than that, nothing really interesting has happened, I love living in Logan but I need to get some pals! It gets a little lonely. Good thing I have the hippeset roommates ever! Love you Sam and Nichole!
(Nichole Marie)
(Samantha Noel)

FIRST COMMENT! I love Hayley Reese and her blog! There is no wrong way to read a Reese! Ooooooooh play on words! I am going to read this over and over and over and over and over and probably over again, then I am going to take a nap, then wake up, then read it again! Oh my goodness, blooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogs!!!!!!!!!!! I am listening to My Chemical Romance right now and it has been about 32 years (and I am only 22 years old) since I have listened to these guys! WOW!
ReplyDeleteAll the best,
Ryan.
Hayley thanks for letting me into you blog life heehee. Your life is pretty exciting! I love your stories, so funny:]
ReplyDeleteYES i am featured in your blog! woo hoo! I just read about more than half of your blog to nichole because it was so funny. haha ps. i like that picture of us. :)
ReplyDelete