19 June 2013

Adalyn: 1 month old!

I can't believe Adalyn is already one month old! Really, it kills me. This past month has gone by SO fast ,but sometimes the days were unbelievably slow. I am finally starting to feel normal and feel like I can handle everything. The first week she was home I couldn't imagine doing anything else but take care of her. Luckily, my mom helped me keep up the house. I think I cried everyday the first 2 weeks over happy and sad things, but fortunately I am over that too! Adalyn has gotten so big it  makes me sad, the first time I put her in 0-3 size clothing I might have cried a little bit. She weights about 10 lbs and I'm not sure how long she is, I will know at her 2 month appointment.

Adalyn is a very sweet baby most of the time and we are lucky she is ours!

Things Adalyn does:
-She makes all sorts of noises, snorts, burps when she is awake and asleep
-Stares at your face while you're feeding her.
-Stares at a lot of things, will make eye contact for a minute or longer
-She can lift up her head and move it side to side while she is on her belly
-She sneezes and gets the hiccups alot
-Flails her limbs in the air and scares herself
-Goes potty right when her diaper comes off
-Sometimes sounds like Darth Vader when she breaths
-Sometimes cries for a short loud second in the middle of eating (I think she gets gas)
-She is a noisy eater
-So, so wiggly
-SHE SMILED at 5 weeks. I have been waiting for that for my whole life it feels like.
-just switched from newborn size clothes and diapers to 0-3 clothing and size 1 diapers.
-At 5 weeks she started sleeping 4-5 and sometimes 6 hour stretches at night.

Things Adalyn likes:
-Loves taking baths
-Staring at the mobile above her swing
-Falling asleep in anyone's arms
-Being swaddled, only when she is tired
-Being in her carseat
-Eating
-Laying on your shoulder, after being burped.
-Being talked or sung to
-Looking out the window in our bedroom

Things Adalyn doesn't like:
-A too slow diaper change
-Having her clothes changed, does not like things to be put on over her head
-staying in one place for too long, likes to have different views
-Getting too wiggly, she doesn't know how to stop moving I'm pretty sure.
-Having gas and I don't think she enjoys going #2 very much.

Here are some pictures from her first month of life!






Aunt Tonya











3 comments:

  1. So cute!! I can't believe how old she already is! I hope she smiles when we see her in a couple weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how she gets scared of her own limbs. Maybe I shouldn't find that funny..... can't wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't WAIT TO HOLD HER. You guys are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete