08 May 2013

Weeks 26-30 (All about the dreaded glucose test)

Everything continues to go well! During these four weeks we:

Celebrated Valentines Day!
I had to take my glucose test
Cory's little brother came home from his mission.

Weight gain: I did not keep track during these weeks. But I can tell you that I definitely did gain weight!!

Food aversions/cravings: strawberries, peanut butter with chocolate chips mixed in (yum!).  Aversions are the same.. especially raw chicken ew.

Baby prep: We bought a car seat/stroller travel system! Did I already post about that?? I don't know but we were pretty excited about it!

Other things: I am finally feeling some Braxton Hicks contractions. Maybe 1 every other day. Our baby girl is VERY active and has chosen my ribs on the right side, which is pretty interesting with my job! I have to find different ways of bending my body to assist on fillings and such. Oh also, my prenatal vitamin started making me sick so I had to switch! If anyone reading this takes the prescription prenatal and they make you vomit, do not suffer!! Switch!


The Glucose Test:
I have been hearing about the glucose test and all the horrors that come with it for a few years now, since my friends started having babies. I was pretty nervous to take it since I heard you had to fast, which is just not possible for me. I also heard the drink is disgusting and to request the orange flavor because it is the best one.  Oh and I heard all about how getting your blood drawn three times is TERRIBLE.

Anyways I decided to ignore everything I've heard (which is what I've done throughout my whole pregnancy haha) and just form my own opinion and do my own research. With the glucose test, I found that it wasn't bad AT ALL. Everyone just needs to buck up! Okay I am just kidding, getting your blood drawn can be terrifying for some people, but I donated plasma for 2 years in college so that needle is nothing. I had to get the lemon lime drink because that was the only one they had, and fasting for me was just not eating after midnight  and I went in at 8 am the next morning. The drink is SUPER sugary and it did kind of burn my throat, but I don't think it tasted that bad. Also, I just guzzled it instead of sipping for the allotted 5 minutes (I think that really impressed Cory, ha ha).  And of course just having sugar makes you feel a little weird!  Which is why you go to Smitty's after and eat lots of protein (bacon, extra crispy)
So all in all, the glucose test isn't bad at all and no one should be scared of it! I have heard some people throw up, or pass out, and if that's the case then that is rough, but for me it was okay.  (This is just my opinion)
(Chocolate covered strawberries for Valentines Day!)


(Cory's 'little' brother Alex came home from Uruguay!)


(This is when I started getting the urge to chop my hair off, I look like a rat)


(Cory was able to go to the tabernacle on temple square and record some music)


(My dad had a total knee replacement)


(I demanded Smitty's after the glucose test)


(That says 29 weeks)


(We got our swing and of course Cory put Tutu in it first thing. She actually liked it)


1 comment:

  1. That picture of you at Smitty's and the black and white one right after it are the cutest! I never looked that cute when I was pregnant, and I DID have my hair chopped off. Also, you do not look rat-like in any way. :)

    ReplyDelete