Okay so my good friend Kazia and I went to Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader, I'm pretty sure that's what it's called anyways. And it was amazing.
It's so cool how applicable it can be to our lives. They say so many little things that I just think,"Oh my gosh, this can apply to my life! For example at the end, Lucy and Aslan have this conversation.
Lucy: Aslan, will we ever meet with you in our world?
Aslan: You shall.
Lucy: How?
Aslan: Because there I have another name. You must learn to know me by that name. This was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
CHILLS. This totally applies to all of us. We knew Heavenly Father, then we came to earth to find our way back to him and know him even better, so we'll recognize him when we see him again. Maybe that doesn't make sense, but it's funny that I felt the spirit at a movie haha.
Aslan is SO pretty. I want a lion, a lion that is comparable to Deity and won't eat me. Ha.
(Look how pretty he is!!)
Prince, or I should say KING Caspian. He is so noble, and I want to have his babies, and be with him for eternity. Oops did I just say that? Can you blame me?
(Mmmmm)
(I just died. Seventeen times. I hate movie star/famous people crushes. WHY DON'T THEY EVER LOVE ME BACK?)
Just one more.. for guilty pleasure..
(Be mine?)
I even love his long hair. He kind of has poky-outy ears with short hair. ( Just made that word up:)
Anyways enough of the lusting.
(Okay now I'm done.)
I highly recommend this movie!! It is safe to say all 3 Narnia movies are by far my most favorite movies ever. Besides Princess Diaries and the Count of Monte Cristo:)
Enjoy this last week before the Christmas season is over! ,
As always, thanks for reading- I really appreciate it.





Hahahaha I like that Princess Diaries is up there with Narnia and Count of Monte Cristo. I don't blame you...it is a good one. Just random that it is that high up there on your list. I agree with you on the whole celebrity crush thing. But if they could just meet us, they would love us. haha.
ReplyDeleteWell said, Hayley, this movie is fantastic. MUCH better than the second one, you could actually see C.S. Lewis' gospel symbolism in this one, especially there at the end.
ReplyDeleteOne hint, though: Aslan is actually a type/metaphor for Jesus Christ, not God the Father. The reason he is represented as a lion in the books/films is the same reason why the crest for the House of Judah (as one of the Twelve Tribes of Israel) is a lion. It's also the same reason why one of the names of Christ from the Old Testament is "The Lion of Judah". I highly recommend the Topical Guide and such to dig deeper and have the same "WOW!" moment I did.
Sorry for the Gospel nugget there, but when I learned that after I read the Narnia books forever ago it pretty much blew my mind.
Also, if you want a copy of the soundtrack, let me know. The music also gives me chills, you would probably enjoy it.
Hayley, this is a big reason we are friends. I LOVE Narnia! And sometimes, people make fun of me for it! hahaha :) And I totally know what you mean by feeling the spirit! I did in the first one! So I"m super excited to see this one :)
ReplyDeletei cant believe you went to narnia! was it so cold? are you back safe?!?
ReplyDeleteI have never seen any of these movies but I really want to! I have actually never even see any type of movies in that type of movies. haha. I will have to watch the narnia movies. i read the books when i was little and I lvoed them :)
ReplyDelete<3Chelsea Elizabeth
Oh I cant wait to see that! I read the book and it was awesome! Ive noticed all the Narnia book are sooo comparable to Christ. General authorities have even been known to quote the author and he's not even mormon, Christian but still! Its amazing. I highly recoment the books if you liked the movies.
ReplyDeleteAnd I agree 100%....such beautiful eye candy. He is one hunk of a man haha.
Merry Christmas:]
Hey! First thanks for following my June Blog! Oh and I am Whittney, and friends with your sis Jill! Your blog is adorable! I love it and love this post. I am a totally Narina nerd too this movie was so good. The Aslan and Lucy convo was my fav it gave me chills! Merry Christmas!
ReplyDelete