I am so stoked for Thanksgiving!!!
And I never say "stoked" so that means I am truly "stoked"
I haven't been home since the beginning of October; to me that is a long, long time. Too long I say.
So I went to Harry Potter and it was amazing. People keep freaking out about the nude scene, but I say
COME ON it really wasn't bad. It was slightly shocking but I don't think it's going to taint anyone's mind unless you are really sensitive to that kind of thing. My roommate, Sarah ,and I went and found a dead tree and made wands, it was fantastic! Don't worry the tree wasn't on church propery or anything (yes it was). Sarah cut her hand and I almost got poked in the eye, but sometimes you have to sacrifice some blood to get a good wand, as Harry Potter would say. Just kidding Harry never said that.
(I bought this sweater to wear for harry potter, but I think I kind of like it, I might have worn it today. I look weird in this picture. )
(My wand. I whittled it with my Ikea knife. I am so vain to put up 2 pictures of myself in one blog post. )
Today I made Peppermint Bark!! I like making cute things, and Peppermint bark is cute, festive, and delicious. But don't worry I didn't make it for myself, I made it for the girls I visit teach! I am so good, I am getting my visiting teaching done :) It was really simple. RECIPE
I was planning on going home tomorrow, but I guess a big blizzard is supposed to roll in around noon, guess who wouldn't be able to leave Logan until 4? Dang it.. oh well, I get to be home Wednesday through Sunday!!
The other morning I woke up and there was a big hole in my sheets! I ripped my sheets in my sleep! They aren't even threadbare or anything! What in the world? Did Edward get in my bed? No, he didn't because I would have remembered that and he is too much of a gentleman to make me not remember it. Ba haha. Anyways I am getting new sheets and I'm pretty excited about it.
Wha???
In honor of Thanksgiving I will now tortue you with the mushy, gushy stuff.
I am so grateful for my awesome roommates!! We have so much fun, even when we just sit around and talk, they are such great, nice girls. I can always count on them to make my day happy and fun. And they don't get mad at me for cooking ALL THE TIME. I think that's just lovely. They are also really funny. They say the funniest things at unexpected times and I love learning more about them every day, what a treat! They are also really, really pretty. So it's nice to be able to look at attractive people when I am home, comforting.
I'm so excited to be with my family and friends this next week! I am so grateful for all of them and how much they love and support me. Their love and support means everything to me, and I am so lucky to be able to have such amazing people in my life. This past year has definitely been a rollercoaster but I have them to help me through it!!
I've had them and an amazing Father is Heaven who is always looking out for me and making sure I take my life in the right direction, which may lead me through some confusion and discouragement but I know it's for my benefit and I will come out a better, stronger person because of it if I just submit my will to the lord and follow his plan for me, he can make more out of me than I could ever make out of myself.
I feel like half of my blog posts have something mushy/churchy in them but I like to have a little substance in my blogs, okay? Plus it keeps me thinking about good things!
I am so grateful I was able to grow up in a warm, loving, and fun filled environment. There are so many amazing people I know that had such hard lives growing up and I never had to deal with anything too hard growing up, I have been so blessed. I have been blessed in my relationships with my parents and siblings, we are all such good friends and I adore feeling so loved and accepted when I am with them. It's the same with my cousins, we are all so tight knit and being with them is like coming home even if we haven't seen each other for months! I am so excited for heaven when we can be together all the time, IT'S GONNA BE A BLASTOLA.
Last but not least, I am grateful for stuffing.
I will post more later this week about what I am grateful for. What are you grateful for? Me? That's what I thought. Haha just kidding kiddie-winks!



Like I've told you many times before, I LOVE YOUR BLOG POSTS!!! They are all so great and so uplifting and so funny and just so you! haha. I am so excited to see you!!! I LOVE YOU HAYLEYYYY!!
ReplyDeleteI laughed so hard about you ripping your sheets!
ReplyDeleteThose are the coolest wands ever! I want one!Being from a church tree probably makes them spititual and more powerfull, you lucky duck. The whole ripping your sheets thing? your a dooby and I laughed so hard! hahaha that is funny, but yay for new sheets haha. Im so stoked for thanksgiving too and all this snow makes me excited for CHRISTMAS too (did you hear the choir of angels and ringing bells as you read 'Christmas'? they were there)
ReplyDelete