06 October 2010

General Conference & Stories.

I finally have some pictures to post!!!

This past weekend was General Conference, my favorite weekend of the year. I always love hearing the words the prophet and his apostles have for us. It is so cleansing, refreshing, exhilarating, all those fun words:)

Another thing I love about conference is being around SO  many people! I love people watching at conference ha ha , it is the best.  The last thing I love about conference is being with my family. It has been kind of a  tradition for us to go to at least one session of conference the past few years, when we are lucky enough to get tickets. Fortunately, my dad works for the church so sometimes we even get seats that are really close! It is always cool to actually be able to look at the speaker instead of watching the screen.. in the conference center. This weekend was especially nice because I just needed to be around my family, school and the social scene has been hard for me to pick up this year. Imagine that!

So here are a few pictures from conference weekend. I don't have too  many since I no longer own a camera :( I will try and fix that soon. Like when I am done with college.

(Before the Saturday morning session)


(Just sitting)

(Two of my favorite women...)

(Jill, me, Jenny & Preston at The Olive Garden for lunch)

(I love my brother! We love taking pictures!)




(This is a random picture taken in mid-September. Yes Emily and I are on a date.)


Now I will tell you a few stories . . .
So Friday, October 1st was the day of the USU vs BYU game. That's cool and everything but it meant I couldn't park in the stadium. Bleh. I knew this beforehand, but I completely forgot. So Friday morning I go to park my car at 8:15 am, and I realize I can't park in the stadium! So I hurry and park in a church parking lot across the street, run to Oak Ridge and try catching the 8th East Express, and I barely missed it, by fifteen seconds. By this time it is 8:23 am and I am breaking out into a cold sweat because I had  a statistics TEST that started at 8:30 am. So I am standing there and this girl starts talking to me, probably trying to calm down my apparent state of agitation. She was asking me what class I had and I told her I had a test in five minutes, I was going to be late and I didn't know what to do!!

Enter, boy on the sidewalk. He looks up at me, I notice him for the first time, and he says,"I'll give you a ride to campus, I am just going to study at the library and I don't have class until 10:30."

My response, "I don't even know you! But if you're sure..."

Boy on the sidewalk says, "Yeah it's not a problem at all, I hate being late so I know how you feel," he said as we got into his shiny silver Volvo. Yes, I found my Edward Cullen.

So we get into the car and I'm like, "So.. what's your name?"

"John, whats your name?"

"I'm Hayley, thanks again for doing this I can't even believe it. This is seriously so nice of you."

"Oh no problem, I took stats last year and failed."

"That stinks! I"m sorry, anyways it was really nice to meet you John! Thanks again have a good day!" as I get out of the car.

"It was nice to meet you too Hayley, good luck on your test."

Brothers and sisters I was RIGHT ON TIME for my test. He was my angel that day. And its also weird because I got onto Utah States website to check my e-mail and there sat a picture of him on the homepage. John is on the USU track team. What a kind soul! Never mind that he could have driven me up the canyon and left me for the mountain lions, I will forever be grateful to him. And if I ever see him on campus, I am just going to awkwardly look the other way, for I can't bear to look in the face of such kindness. Ha ha just kidding.

Oh and I got a B on my stats test!!!!


___________________________________________________________


Today I went to biology, which is always a treat. Today was an especially tasty treat because about three minutes into class this man walked in, tall, dark beard, with a pop belly. He had just a normal plain white T-shirt on, with a KHAKI SKIRT. Kids, I am not joking he had knee length flowing khaki skirt on. It was not a kilt, or the strangely attractive skirt things Samoans/Tongans wear. There was nothing cultural about it, he had a khaki skirt on. I wanted to laugh but I didn't. Instead I took a picture of him with my phone and continued to learn about how Meiosis II and Mitosis are the same thing. It was ridiculous.

So then I took three tests, and came out alive. Hallelujah! I got on the Stadium Express to get to my car so I could hurry and go to work. It was a leisurely ride with lots of people to watch. Finally it was my turn to get off so I grab my backpack from off the ground, swing it around to my back and whip a boy right in the face with one of the around-the-waist straps. I felt so bad. But I had to get off so all I could do was say, "Oh! I am so sorry!" And walk away red-faced and ashamed.

Folks, that is all for now. But first, I have met so many new awesome people this semester!! A couple of those people came over tonight and it is so fun to sit around with your peers that have the same standards, go to the same school, and just chill and get to know one another. I love it!

Making new friends is always fun but I MISS all my friends from home!! Joy, Courtney, Alli, Jake, Bracken, and Ryan just to name a few! Luckily we all call and talk quite often so it isn't as painful.

Anyways I really need to go to bed, it is late. But first I must finish watching Glee.

Thanks for reading and be sure to comment!

5 comments:

  1. Dear Hayley Jo,
    I just love you! I'm glad you loved conference as much as I did :) All your stories remind me of our story times last year... which mostly occurred on the bathroom floor for some strange reason. I hope your life is awesome because you deserve it!
    Love, Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha Hayley you NEVER cease to make me laugh. I miss you so much! And I get to see you...tonight!! YAY!! Good job on your Stats test too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Hayley! Conference was AMAZING!! It's so true that it just makes a big difference to actually be there. This is the first time I've ever been able to go. I loved it so much! Especially when the brethren walk in, the spirit is so strong! I didn't want it to end! Too bad I didn't get to see you. Maybe next time! I'm glad everything's going well for you. Good luck with school!

    -Matthew

    PS I one of my favorite parts was when you got on the bus and there were "a lot of people to watch." For some reason, I thought that was really funny. I love people-watching! haha Ciao for now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAYLEY! Oh my goodness.. your bit about the man in the skirt.. I KNOW WHO THAT IS! He used to eat at the Junction on campus all the time last year and i laughed out loud when I read about him and remembered him. You're just great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAYLEY YOU NEED HIS NUMBER! Its not everyday you meet your edward cullen! And a track star?! Wow wow Hay, you need to track that boy down haha. That is a really cool story though, what a nice kid. I love conference too! I need to blog about it so keep an eye out. This year was so awesome, im jelouse you got to go though. ive never been.

    ReplyDelete